Friday, February 17, 2012

A New Stage

We have officially entered a new stage. The RAEGAN NO LONGER TAKES A NAP STAGE. While I certainly didn't expect this to come so soon (I have friends with 4 year olds who take regular naps) it's also not as bad as it sounds. Raegan is actually much happier, goes to bed SO much easier and usually sleeps 12 hours from 8 to 8. I have to remind myself at 4:30 in the afternoon that this is a better trade off. But I'm not going to lie the hour before Derek comes home is a little rough. Unfortunately, I find it a lot harder to get stuff done. Like blogging for instance. Ooops. I feel like all I do is clean up messes all day long. No more "I'll just get that done during nap time." SIGH. Or "I can't wait for quiet time to myself." Another SIGH. Fortunately, Raegan's getting better at playing by herself. She wishes I was playing with her at all hours of the day but that's not realistic. This has led to more mischievous behavior on her behalf. Here are the best incidents that I got a photo of over the past month. I'd say there's at least one of these a day. I've learned (after 4 or 5 times) to never leave Greyson alone in his high chair with open baby food nearby. Raegan loves to "help" feed him. Don't worry that's just ketchup in his hair. I honestly can't even remember how this one happened.
Some days when I need to keep Raegan out of my way for a while and tend to Greyson I let her take a bath. It's usually no big deal. She can play in there for a really long time. On this particular day she decided all her stuffed animals need a bath as well. Of course I didn't realize this until she came wandering in with an armful of dripping wet toys. (And then I made her put them back in the tub so I could text dad a picture).
Raegan also spends a lot of time coloring each day. She's always coloring on the table or chairs or walls or TV... no matter how many times I tell her we only color on paper. This doesn't actually bother me that much. Magic Erasers really are magic. However, I do have a problem when she colors on her brother's head. Another SIGH.
Poor poor Greyson. He's one cool guy though. Raegan's tough love doesn't really bother him that often. Most of the time he's laughing and loves the attention he gets from her. He's also really handsome don't you think. Check out those eyes.
And then there's this face. I swear she knows how to get away with murder just by making this face. Anyway this day she was supposed to be in her high chair eating lunch. Instead she threw the tray on the floor, climbed from the kitchen chair on to the computer desk on to the counter, where she grabbed the jar of pickles and took them all out and lined them up. Really.
Here she found the chalk marker. I wonder if it actually tastes good. Sure looks like it.
This was at Grandma Adams' house. I thought she was watching Mickey Mouse. She was and also playing with the butt paste.
And sometimes all this trouble making makes her tired and she'll fall asleep. Yep, she's actually sleeping here. Man, just writing this post makes me tired. I love this girl so much and having quiet evenings to myself again.
Did I mention this guy made it home safe and sound. See, I told you I've been terrible at blogging.

4 comments:

sorense9 said...

I can't believe that he's home!

The Youngs said...

I seriously laughed through this whole post. I could probably make up a post about Coral that would be so similar. I think in about another year, those 2 girls could give anyone a run for their money if they were together!

Lyle and Lori said...

Kids. You gotta love em. So far I haven't had any mishaps at my house. Cross my fingers:) I sure have cute grandkids tho, messes and all. XOXO

jamie k said...

you have your hands full. wow. that was the best read i've had in a while. you need to blog more.

both of your kids are such messy eaters!!!